Top 10 Richest People in The World 2023. Watch whose net worth grew the most. If you are looking around to find the richest people in the world. Keep scrolling because we have compiled a list of the top 10 richest people in the world in 2023. Out of the 2,755 billionaires, 493 made their debut on the list in 2021, with a record 210 from China and Hong Kong. 86% of these billionaires have added more assets this year than last year.
The combined assets of these billionaires are valued at $13.1 trillion, an increase of about 64% over 2020. The list is dominated by billionaires based in the United States (724). Followed by China with Hong Kong and Macau (698). As of 2021, their net worth is based on the latest stock prices of their respective companies listed on the stock exchange and exchange rate.
Richest People in the World
Billionaires play a key role in influencing the world, from political decisions to social and economic reforms. Forbes puts the list of the world’s billionaires at 2,755. However, only a handful of 10 accurately currently have a net worth of $ 100 billion or more. Many of these billionaires are founders of technology companies. And most of their assets have been invested in the companies they started. Note that many billionaires are taxed differently on their assets or not at all because many of their profits are unrealistic that is, they have not sold any stock or equity, and thus, have not yet been taxed. Also, while some billionaires have billions of dollars in cash, many have investments in private assets. Such as private companies, real estate, or other public companies.
Top 10 Richest People in The World List 2023
1. Elon Musk – $263.2 billion
The celebrity CEO of Elon Musk, Tesla Inc and SpaceX is the richest man in the world and the first person to cross the $300 billion net worth recently in November 2021. Its current total value is $ 263.2 billion. He is the mastermind behind the transportation revolution not only on Earth but also in space. Elon Musk has a 23% stake in Tesla, an electric car company he co-founded in 2003, which contributes more than 67% of his total assets, according to Forbes. The rest of its assets are linked to the fortunes of the rocket company SpaceX, valued at $ 100 billion. Founded in 2002, SpaceX is the second most valuable private company in the world.
- Age: 50
- Residence: Texas
- Co-founder and CEO: Tesla (TSLA)
- Net Worth: $278 billion
- Tesla Ownership Stake: 23% ($233 billion)
- Other Assets: Space Exploration Technologies ($43.6 billion private assets).
2 . Jeff Bezos – $205.8 billion
Jeff Bezos, founder and chairman of the American multinational technology company Amazon Inc., is the second richest man in the world and one of the most famous personalities of 2021. According to Forbes Magazine, Bezos has an estimated net worth of over $ 205 billion. He previously served as president and CEO of Amazon, which he recently resigned due to his interest in space. He was in the news a few months ago for successfully completing his first space trip for 11 minutes. Bezos is the second billionaire to travel in space. Bezos’ company Amazon, which started as an online bookstore in 1993, is now the second largest company in the world with a market cap of $ 1.7 trillion.
- Age: 57
- Residence: Washington
- Founder and Executive Chair: Amazon (AMZN)
- Net Worth: $202 billion
- Amazon Ownership Stake: 11% ($173 billion)
- Other Assets: Blue Origin ($9.15 billion private assets), The Washington Post ($250 million private assets), and $16.1 billion in cash.
3. Bernard Arnault & Family – $198.9 billion
Bernard Arnault, a French businessman, is the chairman and CEO of Luxury Conglomerate Company, LVMH – France. He and his family hold a controlling stake in the $ 198.9 billion company as of 2021. Its business empire diversified into more than 70 brands, including Louis Vuitton and Sephora. He joined the elite $ 100 billionaire club in December 2020. His shares in Christian Dior SE, plus an additional 6.2% in LVMH, are held through his family-owned holding company, Groupe Familial Arnault.
- Age: 72
- Residence: Paris, France
- CEO and Chair: LVMH (LVMUY)
- Net Worth: $170 billion
- Christian Dior Ownership Stake: 97.5% ($133 billion total)
- Other Assets: Moelis & Company equity ($24 billion public assets), Hermès equity (undisclosed stake), Carrefour equity ($749 million public assets), and $9.05 billion in cash.
4. Bill Gates – $138.8 billion
Bill Gates is an American business tycoon, software developer, author, and philanthropist with a net worth of 138.8 billion. He is a co-founder of Microsoft, the world’s largest multinational software company. Bill Gates has been included in the list of richest people in the world compiled by Forbes for more than 3 decades. He is also the co-founder of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the world’s largest private charitable foundation. Bill Gates entered the elite $ 100 billion club in 2020 when shares of Microsoft reached record highs after strong earnings.
- Age: 66
- Residence: Washington
- Cofounder: Microsoft Corp. (MSFT)
- Net Worth: $137 billion
- Microsoft Ownership Stake: 1.3% ($34 billion)
- Other Assets: Cascade Investment LLC ($60 billion public and private assets), $55.7 billion in cash.
5. Larry Page – $127 billion
Larry Page, a board member of Alphabet Inc., the parent company of Google, is the fifth richest person in the world with an estimated wealth of $ 127 billion by 2021. He is the co-founder of the search engine giant Google. It has investments in Planetary Resources, a well-known space exploration company with many more start-up companies like Kitty Hawk and Opener. He is also working on his pet project “Flying Car”.
- Age: 48
- Residence: California
- Co-founder and Board Member: Alphabet (GOOG)
- Net Worth: $131 billion
- Alphabet Ownership Stake: 6% ($112 billion total)
- Other Assets: $14.4 billion in cash.
6. Larry Ellison – $125.5 billion
Larry Ellison, co-founder of software giant Oracle Inc., has a net worth of $ 125.5 billion by 2021. After being in charge of Oracle since 1977, he resigned as CEO of the company in 2014. He is still the chairman. Chief Technology Advisor to the Board and Oracle. You’d be surprised to know that Eliasson has been on the Tesla board since December 2018 when he bought 3 million shares. He owns the island of Lanai, Hawaii.
- Age: 77
- Residence: Hawaii
- Co-founder, CTO, and Chair: Oracle (ORCL)
- Net Worth: $125.5 billion
- Oracle Ownership Stake: 33% ($75.7 billion)
- Other Assets: Tesla equity ($17.2 billion public assets) and $17 billion in cash.
7. Mark Zuckerberg – $125.5 billion
Mark Zuckerberg is the co-founder, CEO and chairman of social media giant Facebook with an estimated net worth of $ 125.5 billion. He owns about 15% of Facebook Inc, a list of firms listed on the stock exchange in May 2012, almost nine years ago. Mark Zuckerberg is the youngest millionaire on the list. Facebook has grown exponentially since the acquisition of the photo and video sharing social media network Instagram in 2012.
- Age: 37
- Residence: California
- Co-founder, CEO, and Chair: Meta (FB)
- Net Worth: $121 billion
- Facebook Ownership Stake: 13% ($118 billion)
- Other Assets: $3.4 billion in cash.
8. Sergey Brin – $122.3 billion
Sergey Brin, co-founder and board member of Alphabet Inc, is the eighth richest person in the world with a fortune of $ 122.3 billion. He co-founded the search engine giant Google with Larry Page in 1998, more than two decades ago. Google went public in 2004 and became a subsidiary of Alphabet in 2015.
- Age: 48
- Residence: Moscow, Russia
- Co-founder, CEO, and Chair: Alphabet Inc
- Net Worth: $122.3 billion
- Other Assets: $15.4 billion in cash.
9. Steve Ballmer – $105.8 billion
Steve Ballmer is a businessman and investor with a net worth of $105.8 billion. He was the CEO of Microsoft for 14 years from 2000 to 2014. Steve started his career with Microsoft in 1980. He also owns the LA Clippers of the National Basketball Association. Ballmer owns an estimated 4% of Microsoft shares, making him the largest individual shareholder of the tech company. In 2014, shortly after stepping down as Microsoft CEO, Ballmer purchased the L.A. Clippers basketball team for $2 billion.
- Age: 65
- Residence: Washington
- Owner: Los Angeles Clippers
- Net Worth: $119 billion
- Microsoft Ownership Stake: 4% ($110 billion total)
- Other Assets: Los Angeles Clippers ($2.63 billion private assets), $4.78 billion in cash.
10. Warren Buffet – $103.1 billion
Warren Buffett is also referred to in the finance world as Omahar Oracle, one of the most successful investors on planet earth. As of 2021, the estimated net worth is $ 103.1 billion. The most famous living value investor, Warren Buffett, filed his first tax return in 1944 at the age of 14, declaring his earnings from the paperwork of his childhood. 91 He first bought shares in a textile company called Berkshire Hathaway in 1962, becoming a majority shareholder by 1965. He expanded the company into insurance and other investments in 1967. Now, Berkshire Hathaway is a half-trillion-dollar company with more than $ 427,400 traded per single share (Class A shares) as of December 8, 2018. 2021.
- Age: 91
- Residence: Nebraska
- CEO: Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.A)
- Net Worth: $104 billion
- Berkshire Hathaway Ownership Stake: 39% ($99.5 billion)
- Other Assets: $1.13 billion in cash.
Thanks For Stying With us. Here we are provide Top 10 Richest People in The World. From here you can Watch All Details Information About Top 10 Richest Men in The World. To get More Information Please Visit TSportsBD.Com .