The 2021 Menpora Cup is a pre-season tournament held by the Indonesian football association. PSSI ahead of the 2021 Liga 1. The tournament started on 21 March. And is scheduled to finish with a two-legged final on 22 and 25 April 2021. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all matches are played behind closed doors. PSM Makassar, Persija Jakarta, Persib Bandung. And PSS Sleman qualify for the 2021 Menpora Cup semifinals which are scheduled for April 15-19.
The match in the big four will be played in a two-leg format at Maguwoharjo Stadium. Sleman and Manahan Stadium, Solo. In the first leg Persija will meet PSM on Thursday 15 April. While Persib will be challenged by PSS on Friday 16 April. Both matches will be held at PSS’s home at the Maguwoharjo Stadium. Meanwhile, in the second leg, PSM faced Persija on Sunday 18 April. While PSS challenged Persib on Monday 19 April at the Manahan Stadium.
About Menpora Cup 2021
The use of health protocols is carried out with discipline and seriousness. Both for the players, the supporters and those who enter the stadium. Jakarta (ANTARA). Minister of Youth and Sports (Menpora) Zainudin Amali considered that the 2021 Menpora Cup pre-season tournament. Which has now reached the semi-finals, went well and without significant obstacles.
According to Zainudin, medical procedures are performed with discipline. And rigor so that the 2021 Menpora Cup is relatively protected against transmission of the SARS-CoV-2 virus. “The implementation of the health protocol is carried out with discipline. And seriousness, both for the players, the supporters and those who enter the stadium,” said the Golkar party’s politician.
Manpora Football Cup 2021
For the successful implementation of the Menpora Cup 2021. Menpora Zainudin Amali also thanked the organizers. Namely PSSI and PT Liga Indonesia Baru (LIB) and all parties involved. Including participating clubs, medical personnel and TNI as well as the police. No less important, Zainudin conveyed his praise to the supporters. And football lovers who followed their commitment not to create crowds to suppress the spread of COVID-19 in the country.
Menpora Cup Teams
PT Liga Indonesia Baru (LIB) decided that only 18 teams that participated in the 2020 Liga 1 could join this tournament. Previously, two Liga 2 teams, PSMS and Sriwijaya, were invited. However, their participation was canceled after PT LIB held a virtual meeting. Persipura decided not to take part in the tournament which led to only 17 teams participating.
Menpora Match Draw
The draw of the tournament was held on 8 March 2021. Eighteen teams were divided into four groups, the first two groups contain five teams, while the rest contain only four teams. Four teams, Persija, Persib, Arema, and Persebaya, were distributed to separate groups to ensure they do not meet each other in order to mitigate security risks from travelling fans of these rivalling teams. The draw resulted in the following groups:
Menpora Match Venues
Four venues in four cities on Java Island were selected for the tournament.
|Manahan Stadium||Kanjuruhan Stadium||Jalak Harupat Stadium||Maguwoharjo Stadium|
|Capacity: 20,000||Capacity: 42,449||Ability: 27,000||Capacity: 31,700|
Menpora Cup 2021 Match Regulations
The regulations are as follows:
- Each team may register 30 players and does not require bringing all players to the stadium.
- Teams must register three goalkeepers.
- Player registration starts on 9 March 2021 until one day before of each group’s first match.
- Each team is allowed to register four foreign players, including one slot for a player from AFC countries.
- Teams can only register a maximum of 10 officials with eight people allowed to sit on the bench.
- Each match is held for 90 minutes by adding a cooling break in the 30th and 75th minutes. The duration of the cooling break is 3 minutes. And will be added to the extra time at the end of each round.
- Each team is allowed to substitute a maximum of six players on three occasions.
- There are additional substitutions when entering the knock-out stage. When the match is drawn for up to 90 minutes. Then in the extra round, each team is allowed to add one substitution.
The following is the complete schedule for the 2021 Menpora Cup quarter-finals:
- PSIS vs PSM (09/04 – 18.15 WIB at Kanjuruhan Stadium, Malang Regency)
- Persija vs Barito (10/04 – 18.15 WIB at Kanjuruhan Stadium, Malang Regency)
- Persib vs Persebaya (11/04 – 18.15 WIB at Maguwoharjo Stadium, Sleman)
- PSS vs Bali United (12/04 – 20.30 WIB at Si Jalak Harupat Stadium, Bandung)
Menpora Cup 2021 semi-final schedule:
Semifinal first leg (Maguwoharjo Stadium)
Thursday (15/4/2021): 20.30 WIB – Persija Jakarta vs PSM Makassar
Friday (16/4/2021): 20.30 WIB – PSS Sleman vs Persib Bandung
Semifinal second leg (Manahan Stadium)
Sunday (18/4/2021): 20.30 WIB – PSM Makassar vs Persija Jakarta
Monday (19/4/2021): 20.30 WIB – Persib Bandung vs PSS Sleman
So I hope you enjoyed our Menpor Cup Match Schedule 2021 on our site. At last, Thanks For Everything.
Find Us On: TSportsBD.Com