The professional Twenty20 cricket league of India, the Indian Premier League is having its 13th season during the challenging year of 2022. The IPL points table is looking quite competitive. This year Indian Premier League is taking place in the Middle East. The matches are played in stadiums of Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, and Dubai. The final will be held in Dubai on November 10th, Tuesday, 2022 between the winner of qualifier 1 and the winner of qualifier 2.
Sunrisers Hyderabad defeated Royal Challengers Bangalore by six wickets in a thrilling Eliminator to make it to the Qualifier 2 of the IPL 2022.
IPL Points Table
As of today (November 7th, 2022), the standings for the Indian Premier League Points Table (IPL points table) are-
|Teams||Matches played||won||lost||Points||Net Run Rate|
Did You Know- IPL Trivia
Here are some interesting facts about the Indian Premier League you must not miss as a cricket fanatic.
- The purple cap: The purple cap is the award given to the player getting the most wickets in a match in the Indian Premier League. Dwayne Bravo and Bhuvneshwar Kumar both share the place for having the highest number of the purple cap, which are 2.
- The orange cap: The orange cap is awarded to the player scoring the most runs in a match of the Indian Premier League. Jamaican celebrity cricketer Chris Gayle has won the orange cap twice, in 2011 and in 2012. But the highest number of orange cap winner is Australian cricketer David Warner. He has a total of 3 orange caps from 2015, 2017, and 2022.
- The Fastest Half-Century in IPL: The fastest half-century record holder in the IPL points table is K L Rahul, he scored it in just 14 balls in 2018.
- The Team that never made it to IPL Finale: Delhi Daredevils (DD) is the most unfortunate team, which could not make it to the finals once. Whereas Chennai Super Kings (CSK) made it to the finals most of the time. They played on the final 6 times in total.
- Most Dot Balls in IPL: Harbhajan Singh has delivered the highest number of dot balls in a match, which are- 1,249 dot balls in 160 matches. Lasith Malinga is in second place with 1,155 dot balls.
- Oldest Player to play in IPL: Australian Cricketer Brad Hogg is the oldest player to play in an IPL match; he was 45 years old when he played for KKR in 2016.
Indian Premier League is loved by cricket lovers from all over the world. It is not just a cricket league, but a name of love affair to many Indians home and abroad. The 13th season started in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) from the 19th of September 2022. Die-hard IPL fans are looking at the IPL points table for winner prediction at this moment.